Saturday, June 29, 2013

GB Components Are Back! ...And You Can Have Their Cycling Cap

GB Display at InterbikeOne of the things I was truly excited to see at Interbike was the GB display. GB Components (the initials stand for the founder Gerry Burgess) are known to vintage bicycle lovers, particularly the handlebars. Well, the company is now re-establishing itself under the ownership of the original founder's son (Jeremy Burgess), and the prototypes of their new, made in the UK components were modestly on display.



GB Lugged StemThese include a gorgeous lugged stem (both quill and threadless models),



GB Wingnutsculptural-looking wingnuts, handlebars, and other components. I have more photos that I will include in my big Interbike write-up, but these should give you an idea of their beauty. I spoke with the GB representative for a while, and may get to review some of the components as they go into production - will keep you posted.



GB Cycling CapIn the meantime, I would like to give you their cycling cap. These were being given away as promotional items at Interbike, and they are rather nice.



GB Cycling CapThe cap is white summer-weight cotton, with a single black ribbon stripe and an embroidered GB logo on the underside of the visor. The crown is rounded. The size is what I would call a Medium.



I have exactly one of these to give away. Leave a comment saying you want it, and I will select the recipient at random. Deadline is Sunday, 18th September, 11:59 pm US Pacific time (which is also the deadline for the Touring Bike entries!) Thanks as always for reading, and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment