Monday, October 4, 2010

Hike in Utrechtse Heuvelrug forest

Last weekend, we hiked in Utrechtse Heuvelrug forest between Driebergen-Rijsenburg and Austerlitz. It was good hike I think. The sun was out and there was not a lot of wind.

I’ve also been checking out houses in this area but nothing caught my fancy. Here are a few fotos of the hike:


Horses grazing on the grass field.




Right behind this field is the NS railway that pass through Driebergen-Rijsenburg and Zeist (Utrecht) and the A12 highway.We could hear the train and the cars in the forest... so near, yet so far away.


The trees in this part are tall and lean but further ahead I saw lots of pine groves that make me think of winter.



Then we ran into a pretty black and yellow house with a red roof in the middle of the forest! I first thought it was a cafe restaurant but Dutchman corrected me that its actually a private house. Hmmm, it must be cool to live far away from the neighbors and in the middle of the forest... but I don’t know why being home alone in those serial killer types of movies suddenly and vividly sprung into mind?

Notice the grounds, the grass are brown because the sun could not shine through. The thick foliage covering cuts the sunlight from penetrating.

After the hike, we rewarded ourselves with patat (Dutch potato fries). Not really the healthiest dinner out there but we’ve earned it, and most importantly, I didn’t want to stand in the kitchen upon arriving home. There’s got to be some sort of balance in everything I guess.

Interestingly, I’ve lost 2 kilos recently. Oh, nothing to do with the patat really.




Tomorrow Sunday we are going up north. Hope the weather will be good.



Visit Period: August

Destination: Driebergen-Rijsenberg (Utrechtse Heuvelrug - Utrecht), The Netherlands




No comments:

Post a Comment